corner

corner

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Yup, it's gone....

Well since I posted last, I managed to do some demolition.




  After looking at my backdrop closer, I found an insect problem, SILVERFISH!!. So to combat that, I am going to redo the backdrop also. I plan on tearing down the existing 1/8 masonite, if I would have known about these pesky insects, I would not have screwed the masonite directly to the wall.

     So I plan to place 1x2's on the studs in order to " stand off" the new 3/16" masonite. That should reduce the surface area for the insects to attack, I also treat the affected area before re-construction.

      I figure to tear down, re-install, bed,tape, float in one day, then primer and paint the next,,, two days. Easy peasy. Then the next step is construct the new helix,, and I will leave that for another post.

See ya later,
Greg

3 comments:

  1. The extra work now will be good to ensure years of peace of mind going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurry up damnit! I want to see the big uglies go up and down the helix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurry up damnit! I want to see the big uglies go up and down the helix!

    ReplyDelete