corner

corner

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Welcome to the WBTR




      The Wisconsin Belt Terminal Railway is a fictitious railroad set in Wisconsin between the years of 1979 and 1993.
     I choose the year of 1979 as my starting year of my era so that I could include the covered wagons of the SOO, and other kinds of power from different railroads
      The reason I choose the 90's as the end of my era choice, was influenced by the time I spent working for the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad out of  Proviso Yard as a brakeman/conductor on the extra board in 1993.
     Am I modeling specific areas,, No. I am just going from memories that I have when I was rail fanning central Wisconsin in the 80's. Are there some areas that I will take ideas from, Yes! Will the layout ever get to the scenery stage,, who knows. I could just leave the bare materials and just run trains! Hey that would leave out my least favorite thing,,Ballasting!!!
     In hindsight I would have modeled a specific area, probably the Stevens Point, North Fond Du Lac and Neenah areas. Or LDE's ( layout design Elements) could have been used.
1. Byron Hill, A helper district on the SOO coming out of the basin of Lake Winnebago.
2. St. Croix river bridge, just because it is a awesome bridge.
3. Shops yard, because I absolutely like yards and yard switching.
4. Stevens Point, another yard which I could have ran yard transfers to and from.
     So after all of that, I decided just to lay track and run trains. The other items like town names and the like will fall where they may.

No comments:

Post a Comment