corner

corner

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The first Wisconsin Belt Terminal Railway layout.

After moving to Texas in 2002 and after getting back into the hobby from a real long break, I decided it was time to get back to it.

After numerous ebay auctions and a couple of train shows my collection began to grow and grow. Then the light shown through the heavens and I found my second home,, Discount Model Trains in Addison, Tx.

So I decided to build the layout you see here in the pictures below. The layout was built to fit a space that is 4'x11'. I used Atlas code 80 track because I had a bunch on hand, and I did not feel like forking out dollars for peco track.

This is the layout that I cut my teeth on when it comes to DCC and wiring tortoise switch machines. After friends gave me help and further research, I was able to stumble through it and make it all work.

You can see the EASY DCC  by CVP command station to the left in the picture below. Real easy system to use and really user friendly, manual was good also. I now use Digitrax,,some days I wish I would have stayed with the CVP system.

For my first layout in years, it came out real good. I had fun with it and that is all that matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment